Monday, February 7, 2011

Christmas Break Recap: Belgium


Over Christmas break, we visited Belgium, Germany, France, and Italy, an amazing 27-day whirlwind that I will never forget. I went with three other girls: Liz, Heather, and Emily. Liz (PUC, music major) and Emily (Walla Walla, nursing) are from northern California, and Heather (WWU, education) is from SoCal. I'll put up summaries of each leg of our trip, starting with our first city: Brussels, Belgium. Unfortunately, that was where I was robbed while getting off the train. My wallet with 150 euros and my credit and debit cards was stolen. Great way to start off the trip, right? I was really upset, but there were several good things about the situation. I had just moved my passport and Eurail pass to different pockets in my jacket, thus God protected the things I needed most to travel. Also, my friends covered for me the rest of the trip, so I ended up spending less because I didn't want them to spend any more of their money than they had to. Dad also cancelled the cards before anything could happen. Other than that, I enjoyed Belgium. We walked around the city, visited the Museum of Musical Instruments, and took in a lights show at Grand Place. They really do have great waffles there! We had them for breakfast and as a snack (strawberries and brown sugar over waffles infused with clumps of sugar..ohhh mann). A couple of days, then it was off to Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment