Monday, February 7, 2011

Long Overdue..

Hey everyone! Sorry for having been extremely delinquent with this blog. I'm going to start updating this regularly again. Again, my utmost apologies, and thanks for caring enough to read this again. I miss and love you all and constantly think about you here in Spain! I hope, no, I know, that God is already doing amazing things for you all during this new year.

So here we are at the start of the second semester at ESDES (Escuela Superior de EspaƱol de Sagunto). We returned a few weeks ago from a long but exhausting Christmas break, the adventures of which I will summarize in the next few blog posts. The holidays made me really sad to be away from family and friends. But when we got back to school, we had a huge birthday party for my friend that all the ESDES students attended, and in the middle of all the cake and laughter, I realized that these people have become my family as well. God has a cool way of sending just the people you need to wherever you are.

While it's great to see everyone again, I'm sad to be back in the grind of school. Again, I have grammar, composition, and conversation, and the electives of Spanish literature and religion. The mornings are spent in class, and the afternoons are free for siestas and homework. Sometimes we walk/bike to town, where there are enough small markets and cafes to keep us entertained. Other times we'll take a 30-minute train ride to Valencia when we need a big city fix (it's the third largest city in Spain).

Time is flying by, and the pressure's on to finally get this language down. Please pray that we can all focus and work hard in these next few months. Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for sending me over here. I hope to come back not only greatly improved in Spanish, but greatly improved as a person. Well, this post is just to relaunch the habit of blogging. More later. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment