Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bienvenidos!

Hey there family and friends and whoever is reading this! This is going to be the official blog of my travels, be it Guatemala or Spain or wherever God takes me. Right now I'm on a mission trip with some PUC peeps in the beautiful and exotic country of Guatemala. We're going to be leading evangelistic campaigns in various churches for the next few weeks. Our group consists of seven boys and three girls, including our leader Profesora Charo Caballero-Chambers, my Spanish professor from PUC.

We arrived in the little island town of Flores (in the department of El Petén in northern Guatemala) late Wednesday night, after about seven hours of flying and one LOOOONNNNNGGGGG nine hour bus ride through a torrential downpour. But it was all worth it for the tour through the country and the small hotel room view of Lago Flores. We've been alternating exploring the town with preparing for our sermons.

A bit of country info: it's right below Mexico, about the size of Tennessee, population about 13.5 million, really really humid, the mode of currency is a quetzal (Q8.00 = $1.00!) and we're four hours ahead of Hawaii.

Well, thanks for checking in! This is just an intro, so I'll write more later. I've set it so anyone can comment even if you don't have a blogspot account. Oh, and about the name: Faith and a Suitcase ("fe y una maleta" in Spanish). I picked that because I figured those two things are pretty much all I need to travel. Thus the web address is feyunamaleta.blogspot.com. Well, hope you're all doing well, keep us in your prayers, and God bless!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetheart! Praying for you and your group daily if not more. Love the blog! Luv u! D, M, & M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kid! I think tried to comment earlier, but I think it went into cyberspace. Just wanted you to know I'm sooooo proud of you. Thank you for being skin-savvy-antidengefever-antimalaria-safe. Praying for you and thinking about you more times in a day than I can count. God bless you. I know you and your group (you especially, hahaha!) will be such a blessing. ILY, Mamasita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Coleen,
    Estoy muy orgullosa de ti y oramos con tu mami esta manana. Espero que te encuentres bien aprendiendo espanol. Te extranamos mucho en la iglesia, y siempre pensando en ti y orando por ti y tu grupo. Que Dios te Bendiga.

    We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family (M,D,M): hahaha you crack me up. I love you all so much!! Yes, I put on repellent before every sermon. God is blessing us, and I know it's because you and everyone at home are praying for us :) thank you!! talk to you soon! love, colleen

    Aunty Olivia:
    Hola!!!! Muchas gracias por sus buenos deseos y oraciones :) Les extrano a Ud. y todas las personas en la iglesia! Estoy aprendiendo mucho! Aunque las personas tienen que repetir sus palabras muchas veces! Deseo que Ud. este bien! Que Dios le bendiga tambien!

    ReplyDelete